( 10.1) EXERCISE - POSSESSIVE NOUNS
Put in the apostrophe ( ‘ ) or ( ‘s ) correctly.
- 1. The men cars are parked there.
- 2. The grocer shop is round the corner.
- 3. The boys bicycles are over there.
- 4. Ladies handbags are sold here.
- 5. The soldiers helmets are of the same colour.
- 6. The children playground is across the road.
- 7. This girl hair is the longest in class.
- 8. The carpenters tools are in the box.
- 9. We have two weeks holiday in September.
- 10. It is John last year as president of the club.
( 10.2) EXERCISE - POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES
Use each of the following ten possessive adjective words only once: her, his, its, my, my, our, our, their, their, your.
- 1. We borrowed some books for _____ homework
- 2. He has waited a long time for _____ turn.
- 3. I have _____ reason for not going.
- 4. _____ sister and mine are doing the same degree at the university.
- 5. The cat is licking _____ paw.
- 6. Don't they know they have to bring _____ calculators?
- 7. She is eating _____ lunch.
- 8. It is important that we preserve _____ natural resources.
- 9. Everyone is entitled to _____ own opinion.
- 10. I am sure you don't want to listen to all _____ problems.