Friday 22 April 2011

EXERCISE - CONJUNCTIONS

( 9.1)  EXERCISE - CONJUNCTIONS
Fill in the blanks with these words: although, and, because, but, or, since, so, unless, until, when.
  • 1 Things were different _____ I was young.
  • 2 I do it _____ I like it.
  • 3 Let us wait here _____ the rain stops.
  • 4 You cannot be a lawyer  _____ you have a law degree.
  • 5 That was years _____ years ago.
  • 6 She has not called _____ she left last week.
  • 7 I saw him leaving an hour _____ two ago.
  • 8 This is an expensive _____ very useful book.
  • 9 We were getting tired _____ we stopped for a rest.
  • 10 He was angry _____ he heard when happened.
  • 11 Walk quickly _____ you will be late.
  • 12 He had to retire _____ of ill health.
  • 13 We will go swimming next Sunday _____ it's raining.
  • 14 I heard a noise _____ I turned the light on.
  • 15 Would you like a coffee _____ tea?
  • 16 Do you know _____ she will arrive?
  • 17 _____ the car is old it still runs well.
  • 18 Do you want a pen _____ a bit of paper?
  • 19 I would like to go _____ I am too busy.
  • 20 She will die _____ the doctors operate immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment