Friday 22 April 2011

EXERCISE - PRONOUNS

( 7.1)  EXERCISE - PERSONAL PRONOUNS
Fill in the blanks with suitable pronouns.
  • 1. Does _____ (her, she) know that _____ (me, I) was absent?
  • 2. Please tell _____ ( he, him) _____ (I, me) have obtained a degree in Chemistry.
  • 3. I remember that _____ (they, them) bought the fruits from _____ (we, us).
  • 4. Please don't tell ______ (she, her) about _____ (I, me).
  • 5. _____ can swim because _____ has webbed feet.
  • 6. I met Alice yesterday. _____ invited _____ to her house.
  • 7. Jane has a cat; _____ likes to play with _____.
  • 8. When the dog chased John, _____ ran as fast as _____ could.
  • 9. My uncle works in a factory. _____ says _____ is a noisy place.
  • 10. The teacher said to the class, "When _____ finished your work, please pass _____ up to me."
 
( 7.2)  EXERCISE - REFLEXIVE PRONOUNS
Fill each blank with a suitable Reflexive Pronoun.
  • 1. He rewarded _____ with an ice-cream.
  • 2. They agreed amongst _____ that they would not tell anyone.
  • 3. I taught _____ to draw.
  • 4. You must explain _____ more clearly.
  • 5. He has a bad temper so he must learn to control _____.
  • 6. We thoroughly enjoyed _____ at the party on Sunday.
  • 7. That monkey is scratching _____.
  • 8. One must defend _____ against bullies.
  • 9. My brother and I bought _____ some apples.
  • 10. She cooks for _____ every day.
 
( 7.3)  EXERCISE - RELATIVE PRONOUNS
Fill in the blanks with ‘which, ‘who', ‘whom' and ‘whose'.
  • 1. The boy, _____ father is a doctor, is my best friend.
  • 2. This is not something _____ we like to do.
  • 3. That man, _____ left leg was amputated, suffers from diabetes.
  • 4. The thief, _____ they caught, was sent to the prison.
  • 5. Our friends, _____ we invited to the party, arrived rather early.
  • 6. The girl, _____ broke the mirror, was scolded by her mother.
  • 7. That is my uncle, _____ car was stolen.
  • 8. That woman, _____ you saw, was my auntie.
  • 9. Kangaroos, _____ use their pouch to carry their babies, are found in Australia.
  • 10. The policeman, ______ caught the thief, is a very brave man.

No comments:

Post a Comment