( 4.1) EXERCISE - TYPES OF ADVERBS
Choose the most suitable adverb in bold to fill each blank:
angrily, enough, never, outside, yesterday
- 1. She left _____ for the university where she is doing a degree course.
- 2. We are standing _____ his house waiting for him.
- 3. He told us _____ not to walk on the grass.
- 4. I am not strong _____ to help him carry that box.
- 5. She will _____ be happy in that job.
She will never be happy in that job.
down, last week, often, quickly, rarely
- 6. _____, I saw him walking to the church.
- 7. My father is _____ late for work.
- 8. He drove _____ to avoid being late.
- 9. I _____ play badminton with my sister.
- 10. This is the place where he fell _____.
always, just, nearly, online, unusually
- 11. It took _____ two hours to get here.
- 12. They were _____ very friendly.
- 13. He has _____ strong hands.
- 14. She has _____ completed her degree course.
- 15. This dictionary went _____ in 2003.